Archive for category SharePoint 2013
This post contains a collection of some nice links that I found interesting for getting started on whats new on SharePoint 2013.
Top 6 New Features for Designers in SharePoint 2013 (Randy Drisgill)
This documentation/post is preliminary and subject to change. Sounds familiar 🙂
As you may already know SharePoint 2013 Preview is finally released.
George Khalil (Sharepoint George) has made a detailed description on how to Install SP2013 in Windows Server 2012 with SQL 2012 in 2 parts here
I have installed my SharePoint 2013 virtual server on a VMWare workstation 8.0
Here are some quick steps on what and how I have installed.
- Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate must be installed first – oh really!
- Active Directory must be configured – I used this guide: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/12370.step-by-step-guide-for-setting-up-windows-server-2012-domain-controller.aspx
- SQL Server 2012 is next – remember to tick of Management tools so SQL Server Management studio is available
- I then followed George Khalil guide and prepared the system with the described service account
- And then installed SharePoint 2013 preview
You can also try and have a look at the Sharepoint 2013 preview via the Office 365 preview site: http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/en/whats-new