Archive for category Windows Mobile
I finally had TomTom Navigator installed on my HTC Touch Pro 2 after having upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.5 (Read more on that here)
A few days later I needed to make a phone call on my way home from work and just started the bluetooth so I could connect my headset….
“Bluetooth cannot start”!?!
A what! – I had never seen this message before and initially had no idea that it had any connections with the TomTom installation. After a few minute on google it became clear that TomTom and Windows Mobile could result in some complications – like Bluetooth not working – dammit!
Well – not long after, I figured it out and here is what I did – it worked on my phone
- download and install Resco Explorer (http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/downloads.asp)
- Find the files BTTrayCE.exe, BtSdkCE30.dll and BtCoreIf.dll – located under \Windows\
- Rename all of them to ex. BTTrayCE_old.exe, BtSdkCE30_old.dll and BtCoreIf_old.dll – (you can also delete the files)
- Delete BTTrayCE.exe from \windows\start
- Restart your phone (The files renamed at step 3 are copied from ROM at startup)
- Create a shortcut to BTTrayCE.exe at \windows\start so the correct BTTrayCe.exe are loaded automatically the next time you restart
- Restart your phone again or just start BTTrayCE.exe manually
- You should now be able to start bluetooth from the Comm Manager
- And TomTom still works fine
Let me know if you have problems